In the heart of Paarl and the Cape Winelands, Eben-Haëzer Country House
is known for its elegant, relaxed sophistication and welcoming atmosphere.
Experience true Dutch hospitality in an beautifully restored, historical Cape Dutch homestead, or celebrate your wedding or other special occasion in our "The Ridder-Burcht".
The estate used to be a flower farm but is today still active in exporting succulents to Europe.
On the Eben-Haëzer Estate is an old chaple with a bell tower set in an exquisite rose garden under the old oak trees. It can be used for ceremonies, weddings and special occasions. The chaple can accommodate up to 80 people.
Also available is a beautiful honeymoon cottage for the bride and groom set in the gardens. This is a very rare find.
Facilities and Services:
- A culinary experience with the famous sweet and savoury Dutch pancakes
- Swimming in our clear, saltwater pool
- Locally produced Paarl wine at sunset on the terrace whilst absorbing the fabulous views
- The romantic atmosphere sitting under the stars
- Mountain hikes, starting from our doorstep
- Line fishing in the Eben-Haëzer farm dam and bird watching
Accommodation at Eben-Haezer Country House:
In the homestead we have 6 exclusive bedrooms with private Victorian bathrooms. A fully equipped lounge with colour television, fridge and coffee facility. Telephone and fax, etc.
A separate cottage (4 to 6 persons) in the protea garden is fully equipped, serviced and self-catering, ideal for families or longer stays.
Enjoy the swimming pool on a hot day.
Facilities & Services:
- Honeymoon Couples
- Wedding facilities
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Eben Haezer Country House Activities:
From Eben-Haëzer you can explore:
- The famous wine-cellars at Nederburg (3 km), KWV and other smaller producers, where you can taste some of the best wines in the world
- The Limietberg hiking trail (2 km) on which you can explore the majestic mountains, and walks through the vineyards
- Golf course, tennis courts and cricket field only 5 minutes away
- The beautiful Cape Peninsular with the white sandy beaches of the two oceans, and the famous Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, just 50 minutes away
- Cape Town (60 km), one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with Table Mountain, the V&A Waterfront and many other attractions
- Stellenbosch and Franschhoek (both 40 km) with winelands and historic buildings, are both unforgattable
- Whale viewing in season (June – November) at the beach just 40 minutes away
Eben Haezer Country House Map:
Other Accommodation near Eben Haezer Country House:
Accommodation options within 8km from Eben Haezer Country House include:
Guest Rating: (1 review)
De Leeuwenhof B&B Hotel in Cape-Dutch style (est 1698 ) Bed and Breakfast guesthouse style. 2 apartments and 10 luxury rooms, 4 one-bedroom cottages and two pools and a fantastic sun-deck-terrace. Idyllic country destination only 35 minutes from Cape Town
Cascade Country Manor has luxuriously appointed rooms. Each with beautifull views of the olive orchards, vineyards and the surrounding mountains.
Below the impressive Klein Drakensstein mountains just outside Paarl is Wildepaardejacht. A hidden jewel we would like to share with you. We invite inside for endless relaxation among vineyards, olive groves and lemon trees.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
In the heart of the South African Winelands the five-star Country Lodge, Palmiet Valley Estate welcomes its guests to a three hundred year old winefarm. Palmiet Valley Estate is an oasis of calm and tranquillity, reminscent of a bygone age.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Mountain Shadows is the ideal starting point for exploring the beautiful Cape. It is an historic manor house set amongst spectacular mountain scenery in the heart of the Cape wine country.