Diaz Hotel and Resort
is situated right in the heart of the Garden Route, in the historically-rich and exceedingly beautiful town of Mossel Bay.
The Hotel, opened on 1 July 2004, is named in honour of the famed Portuguese navigator, Bartolomeu Diaz, who landed here in Mossel Bay in 1488. The Hotel is themed on the long and vivid history of the area, and with luxurious suites named after Diaz and his companions, you will feel yourself at once surrounded by the charm of heritage.
Our staff will welcome you with warmth, and will ensure that you experience attentive and considerate service throughout your stay. As management, we believe that excellence can be achieved only through the combined efforts of all the members of our team, and so pay particular attention to helping individual staff members reach their potential.
The Hotel offers the following facilities and services:
- Bahia dos Vaqueiros Restaurant
- Art Café
- Pirates Tower Cocktail Bar
- Outdoor Rim-flow Pool
- Indoor pool with indoor slides
- Supertubes and Lazy River
- Three outstanding venues are available for conferencing and functions
- Permanently draped Pero Diaz Function Venue
- Fully equipped gym, complete with sauna, sun bed and personal trainer by appointmnet
- Dormitory Room for school groups
- Free Wifi
Accommodation at Diaz Hotel and Resort:
The hotel offers guests a choice of 86 Luxury Rooms and Suites, including two beautifully appointed Honeymoon Rooms, a Honeymoon Suite and a Presidential Suite.
All rooms and suites have the following features:
- Individual sea-facing balcony
- Cherry-wood finishes
- En-suite bathroom with luxury amenities and marble surfaces
- Mini bar fridge
- Writing desk
- Opening windows
- Satellite television
- Electronic Safe
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Babysitting Service
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Conference facilities
- Wedding facilities
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Cots available
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (open and off-street)
- Parking (off-street - covered)
- Xhosa / Zulu
- Other Language
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Diaz Hotel and Resort Activities:
The town of Mossel Bay holds many delights for those who like to take the time to explore.
In Mossel Bay, there are a number of charming curio shops, as well as a wide variety of excellent restaurants and coffee shops, and the world-class Garden Route Casino is just a few minutes out of town.
- Dias Museum
- Face Adrenalin (Bungee jumping, Bridge jumping, Tandem swing, Trampoline bungee, Climbing wall, Gouritz bungee)
- Botlierskop Wildlife Safaris (few kilometers outside Mossel Bay)
- Shark Africa: White Shark Experience
- Jacana Curios (Large variety of arts and crafts)
- Adventure Edge Dive and Outdoor Centre
- Garden Route Casino
- The Model Shipyard (Handcrafted historic sailing-ship models, maritime art and antiques. A range of 67 different models to choose from)
- The Hartenbos Museum
Diaz Hotel and Resort Map:
Other Accommodation near Diaz Hotel and Resort:
Accommodation options within 8km from Diaz Hotel and Resort include:
Hotel Portao Diaz has become a household name in Mossel Bay and worldwide. With more than 50 years in the industry, Hotel Portao Diaz offers every visitor the experience of a lifetime in a uniquely South African setting.
per person sharing
Santos Beach Flat is situated right in front of the famous Santos Beach,in the coastal town of Mossel Bay,the gateway to the scenic Garden Route.Activities right on your doorstep, includes swimming,fishing,snorkelling,whale and dolphin watching.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Awaken to the sight and sound of the sea in a stylishly appointed bedroom with sweeping views of the ocean and Outeniqua Mountains. Set on the beachfront between Mossel Bay and Hartenbos.
Luxury accommodation, 2-bedroom en-suite apartment that can accommodate four people with a breathtaking ocean view from the balcony, and walking distance to the beach. This designer apartment is beautifully decorated and fully furnished.
Diaz Beach Guest House is a custom built, spotlessly clean Guest House and very well situated within 2 minutes walk of the popular Diaz Beach, in a safe residential area - easy access to the N2. Rooms are en suite, spacious and comfortable.
per person sharing