Mossel Bay is a quaint harbour town only 388 km from Cape Town and a very important icon in the world renown Garden Route region, which is on the Southern East Coast of South Africa. Our establishment, Diaz Beach Haven
, is a popular self-catering as well as an B&B business, only 150 meters from Diaz beach and only within 2 km from all the shopping you may require. We found that both business guests as well as holiday makers frequent our Guesthouse, throughout the year. Our guests find Diaz Beach Haven comfortable, with a great sense of relaxation for both young and old.
History of Mossel Bay:
Mossel Bay is rich with history and therefore has many places to visit to learn all about our past history. Mossel Bay is unique in several ways. Firstly, Mossel Bay has the mildest weather not only in South Africa but second only to Hawaii – in the world. Secondly, the first European that arrived in South Africa – and possibly also on the continent Africa – was the Portuguese Bartholomew Diaz who landed on Munro beach adjacent to our harbour (today), and met with the local Khoi-San indigenous people on 3 February 1488.
We can provide you with comfortable and reliable airport transfers to and from Diaz Beach Haven in Mossel Bay. In addition, arrangements can be made with your guest house hosts to convey you to and from destinations in close proximity to your accommodation for example, to restaurants in the Mossel Bay area.
Should you be interested in our day tours, we can provide you with transport and if you prefer to make use of private care hire, you could make the necessary arrangements with us. Alternatively, you could make your own transport arrangements.
Accommodation at Diaz Beach Haven:
The Guesthouse consists of 4 separate units, each having its private entrance (thus no sharing with other guests). Some units have 2 bedrooms and some 3 bedrooms. Each unit, however, has its own bathroom (some have 2), sitting/dining room, DSTV, barbecue facilities and ample parking on the premises, including 2 lock-up garages.
In addition, we have lots of entertainment for children, some 150 meters from Diaz Beach Haven (over the Dec/Jan holidays) and more entertainment as far away as 5 km. It is important to note that we are both, children friendly and pet friendly.
General Facilities at Diaz Beach Haven:
- Comfortable self-catering accommodation in Mossel Bay
- Under cover parking | Full laundry facilities | Top quality towels & linen
- Power points | international plugs | Garden
- Fans | Heaters | Hairdryers | Kettles for coffee/tea
- Microwave ovens | Additional freezer facilities | Safes
- Fridge/freezers | Toasters | Bed side reading lamps
- Built-in cupboards | WIFI
- Important to note that we are pet friendly
Directions to Diaz Beach Haven:
From the N2:
- On the N2 turn left at the sign R102 (Hartenbos or Mossel Bay) whentraveling from Cape Town
- or Traveling from Port Elizabeth, turn left at the sign R 102 (Mossel Bay or Hartenbos)
- At the T-junction, turn left towards the traffic lights
- At the Traffic lights, turn right inLouis Fourie Drive towards the town area
- At the 2nd Traffic light, turn left in to Diaz Beach
- Cross the railway line and continue, round the bend to Diaz Beach Haven on your right
- Cross over the N2 and drive through Hartenbos along Louis Fourie Drive
- Pass the Langeberg Mall on the left and 800 meters further, turn left at the Diazstrand sign
- Cross the railway line and proceed with Boulevard East Drive for 1 km and find the double storey guesthouse on your right
Diaz Beach Haven Activities: Attractions in and around Mossel Bay:
White Shark Cage Diving - 5 km
Romonza Boat Trips - 5 km
Sunset Cruises & Wave Rider - 5 km
Mossel Bay Golf Club - 5 km
Pinnacle Point Golf Club - 5 km
Sailing / Yachting - 5 km
Diaz Museum - 5 km
The Lighthouse - 5 km
The Barn (Music & Bands) - 15 km
Pinnacle Point Heritage Site - 13 km
St Blaize Caves - 5 km
Indalu Elephant Farm - 25 km
Percheron Horses - 25 km
Botlierskop Game Farm - 14 km
Gondwana Game Reserve - 24 km
Garden Route Casino - 9 km
Mossel Bay Down town by foot - 5 km
Cape St Blaize Hiking Trail - 5 km
Deep sea fishing & angling - 5 km
Adventures Edge Scuba diving - 5 km
Electrodive Scuba diving - 5 km
Kayaking (River & Ocean) - 5 km
Diaz Express (Journey on rail) - 5 km
Diaz Beach Haven Map:
Other Accommodation near Diaz Beach Haven:
Accommodation options within 8km from Diaz Beach Haven include:
Hotel Portao Diaz has become a household name in Mossel Bay and worldwide. With more than 50 years in the industry, Hotel Portao Diaz offers every visitor the experience of a lifetime in a uniquely South African setting.
per person sharing
Two bedroom flat, sleeps 5, kitchen with stove, washing and drying machine, fridge and freezer, bathroom with tub and shower.
At the heart of the picturesque Garden Route, in the historically-rich and climatically-temperate town of Mossel Bay, and right at the ocean’s edge, lies a celebration of opulence and splendour: the matchless Diaz Hotel and Resort.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Awaken to the sight and sound of the sea in a stylishly appointed bedroom with sweeping views of the ocean and Outeniqua Mountains. Set on the beachfront between Mossel Bay and Hartenbos.
Diaz Beach Guest House is a custom built, spotlessly clean Guest House and very well situated within 2 minutes walk of the popular Diaz Beach, in a safe residential area - easy access to the N2. Rooms are en suite, spacious and comfortable.
per person sharing