Simply, elegant accommodation. Officially it`s a guest house but it`s really so much more than that. We do give privacy and quietness. We call it simply elegant accommodation. Decide for yourself!
A charming blend of elegance and style awaits you at Blood River Outspan guesthouse. You are always assured of warm hospitality and professional service.
The appointments of Blood River Outspan Guest House from the antiques to the sheen of bedding, have been acquired with the discerning traveller in mind.
There to provide a haven of serene luxury, pleasing to the eye with a relaxed atmosphere and foremost to satisfy your comfort and needs.
Our spacious amenities include luxury suites; farmhouse breakfasts and ready to assist you with all your entertainment needs.
Blood River Outspan Guest House is located 46km outside Dundee on the R33 road towards Vryheid. It is in the middle of the Anglo- Boer, Brit-Zulu and Zulu-Brit Battlefields.
Four double bed rooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Blood River Outspan Lodge Activities:
- One of the most unique battlefields in South Africa
- A museum exhibit depicting the history of Blood River
- Unique bronze wagon laager and granite wagon monument
- Exhibit about Zulu culture across the river at the Ncome museum
- DVD show in the information centre about the battle of Blood River, 16 December 1838
- Theme shop - open seven days a week. It includes commemorative items, books and post cards
- The "Trekker" kitchen restaurant: Breakfast, lunch and evening meals can be booked. Group bookings e.g. for Sunday meals may also be made. Traditional "Boere" dishes.
- Our famous 'Vetkoek and mince' with ginger beer.
- Battlefield routes
Blood River Outspan Lodge Map: