Big Creek Guest Lodge
is situated on the R24 - Rustenburg Road 13 km from Magaliesburg. Big Creek Guest Lodge caters to overnighters, family weekends, conferences and functions or just to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Situated in a tranquil valley facing the Magaliesburg Mountains (an hour from Johannesburg and Pretoria) is the peaceful and picturesque Big Creek Guest Lodge.
Built on a 17-hectare portion of the original Boschfontein farm, which varies from rocky kopjes to a quiet stream under weeping willow trees. The Lodge is ideal for that relaxing getaway.
10 beautifully appointed double and family en suite self catering units.
All the units are set in manicured gardens and enjoy a panoramic view of the Magaliesburg Mountains. A relaxed and friendly family atmosphere with personal attention and service.
Facilities at Big Creek Guest Lodge:
- Swimming pool.
- A rustic furnished lounge with DSTV is available to those that enjoy their news and sport.
- The games room with a full size snooker table, pool table, dart board and volley ball.
- Residents bar and big screen Tv for those sport fanatics.
- Conference and functions venue, seating 100.
NOTE THAT THERE IS A MINIMUM TWO NIGHT BOOKING ON WEEKENDS
Accommodation at Big Creek Guest Lodge:
- Self-catering accommodation. Breakfast available on request.
The units are ideally suited for extended family weekends. Conveniently situated for overnight accommodation on route to Rustenburg and Botswana.
Activities available near Big Creek Guest Lodge:
- Trout fishing on next door farm 1km
- Big 5 game drives - 5 km`s
- Cyclist paradise with ideal quiet biking routes both on and off road
- Walks through the farm up on to kopies and down to small stream, dam and wet lands.
- Golf, Bowls, Horse riding and Hot Air Balloon rides all within 30 minutes drive.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Pets only by Arrangement
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Conference facilities
- Wedding facilities
- Team Building
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Internet Access
- Tourism Information Desk
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Games Room
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
- DVD and/or VCR
- 1 Protea excutive self catering three bed roomed family unit.
- 1 Willow log cabin, private with king bed, on-suite and fully equipped kitchenette.
- 1 Fishermans Log cabin double on-suite, air con and fully equipped kitchenette.
- 1 Luxury Syringa Berry log cabin, ideal for a romantic or private getaway. Air conditioned, a King size bed, on-suite bathroom, spacious lounge, fully equipped kitchen and wooden deck patio.
- 4 Semi detached Double on suite units with fully equipped kitchenettes, private patio and braai facilities.
- 1 Sweet Thorn safari tented unit, with fully equipped kitchenette.
Big Creek Guest Lodge Map:
Big Creek Guest Lodge Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 13
reviews. - View all Guest Reviews
Our stay was lovely and the people were very friendly. Assisted us with anything we needed. The pricing was also very reasonable. I would like to thank you for the lovely stay and would recommend it to others.
Rating: Reviewed by Claire Larsen on 2 May 2017
Cutlery needs updating, huge problem with flies. We did request that our unit be serviced which never happened. However, the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Very relaxing break. Owners were amazing and assisted whenever needed.
Rating: Reviewed by Margaux Needham on 2 January 2017
My daughter and I had a wonderful few days at Big Creek Lodge. Accommodation was excellent - clean and well-maintained. Very conveniently situated for travelling around Magaliesberg and for a day trip to the Pilanesberg. Arno was an excellent host and nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely go back for another visit and will recommend it to others.
Rating: Reviewed by Jane Brown over a year ago
i must say this myself and my wife had a blast at ther big creek lodge waking up to the sound of birds cute monkey and ducks and the sound of the morning breeze through the trees... wow that was a awesome experience i would also like to thank our host he is a great guy and humble too and not forgeting the cute dog and cat that came to check on us every other hour i have recommended the lodge to all my friends and family wish i had more time at the lodge
Rating: Reviewed by Lincoln Scoble over a year ago