Baobab Ridge Lodge is a private and intimate lodge situated in the prestigious Klaserie Private Nature Reserve. It provides exclusive yet affordable accommodation, offering guests beautiful bush-veld landscapes with an excellent possibility of coming face to face with the "Big 5", the famous white lions and bird species in their natural habitat.
During the hot summer days between game drives, you can relax in your cool air conditioned chalet, in the breeze of your private terrace or on the pool deck overlooking the waterhole and pool; allowing for a refreshing dip, with a view into the pristine African wilderness and the mountains beyond.
The Klaserie Private Nature Reserve (approximately 60 000 hectares) is part of the Greater Kruger National Park and open to the Kruger National Park and Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The private game reserve lies along the western border of the Kruger, with no fencing separating the reserve from the Kruger or the Timbavati; allowing the animals to roam freely between the private game reserves and the Kruger Park. The game in both the Kruger and the neighbouring reserves is essentially the same, the only difference being the experience of driving off-road in open game viewers with professional guides and that this area is known worldwide, as the area the white lions originate from. They are born and live in the wild here, so the gene pool of the white lion is carried within the lions of this area.
The guides who accompany you on drives or walks are expert rangers and are in contact with other lodge vehicles, greatly increasing your chances of finding the wildlife that you want to see. Some of the other game found in our area are buffalo, elephant, giraffe, wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, warthog, porcupine, lion, white lions, leopard, wild dog, cheetah, hyena, hippo, rhino and much, much more. Birding is quite spectacular, especially during our spring and summer when the migrants breed.
- Main Building with board room, bar (ice machine), lounge, DSTV, Wi-Fi, outdoor terraces, guest toilets, large well equipped kitchen, dining room and office.
- Evening lodge fire in Boma with braai area
- Pool, overlooking small waterhole
- Wheel chair & child friendly
- This lodge is enclosed with a low lying Gallagher electric fence (with back-up battery) and a steel cable perimeter fence.
Baobab Ridge organises rhino darting and micro-chipping events on request at an additional cost (subject to availability). At these events a local vet works together with a helicopter pilot to allocate and dart two to three rhino on one morning excursion. Guests are then asked to help to ensure that the animal does not harm itself when going down, covering its eyes and closing its ears, to ensure it does not become stressed. While the vet notches its ears and takes DNA samples, which will go into a national rhino data bank, the manager of the reserve drills a hole to insert the micro-chips. Guests help by watching its breathing, temperature and taking measurements of the horns etc….It is a wonderful way to give back, but also a great team building event for corporates or even a group of family or friends, who can afford it. Please enquire, should you have interest in this and we can send a quote. This is a great team building experience!
Chalet/ cottage details: 6 double room chalets and one family chalet (two rooms & bathrooms)
- Air-conditioned chalets on raised decks with terrace all the way round and outside table and 2 chairs
- En-suite facilities within chalets: shower, bath (except family chalet), hand basins, bidet (except family chalet) and toilet
- Plug points for charging equipment
- Small safe for small valuables
- Bedside lamps
- Desk with mirror
- Open lounge area with 2 loungers a table and tea and coffee making facilities
Baobab Ridge Greater Kruger Activities:
Game Drives via open Land Rovers. Walking safaris at additional cost and subject to availability.
Baobab Ridge Greater Kruger Map:
Clothing & Accessories:
- Good quality sunglasses - preferably polarized. Tinted fashion glasses are not good in strong light
- Sun hat
- Camera - it is advisable to bring stock, particularly for special digital cameras.
- Long trousers/slacks, Golf-shirts, T-shirts and long-sleeved cotton shirts
- Underwear and socks
- Medication for treatment of specific conditions
- Good walking shoes (running/tennis shoes are fine or hiking boot)
- Sandals or flip-flops
- Swimming costume
- Torch with batteries
- Personal toiletries
- Moisturizing cream & suntan lotion
- Insect repellent e.g. Tabbard, Peaceful sleep, Rid, Jungle Juice, etc
- Tissues / "Wet Ones"
- Tickets, passports, money etc
NOTE: Please bring cash along for the Klaserie/Timbavati entrance gate ZAR 140.00 per vehicle, per entry AND Klaserie conservation Levy (paid to the lodge).
Health & Climate:
The Kruger National park is a low risk malaria area - please contact your doctor for information.
Kambaku Game Lodge is a place of exquisite beauty and peace set amidst several thousand ha of pristine Timbavati wilderness, which forms part of the greater Kruger National Park ecosystem.
Xanatseni Private Camp is located within the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve which is one of the largest privately owned nature reserves in South Africa, and part of the greater Kruger National Park.
per person sharing
Kambaku River Sands unfenced camp is perfectly situated on the banks of a dry river bed allowing animals to roam freely around and through the camp. The suites are set spaciously apart, allowing for secluded views of the unspoiled bush.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Gomo Gomo Game Lodge is situated in the well known Timbavati Game Reserve with a common unfenced border with the Kruger Park ensuring a great diversity of wildlife. Big 5 Game Drives, friendly service and African Cuisine are part of the package.
per person sharing
See the real Africa at Umlani Bushcamp, enjoy the ultimate experience of true wilderness and seclusion in a camp that accommodates just 16 guests, in traditional African reed and thatch huts.