Bancroft is in Hilton in the forested, evergreen hills above Pietermaritzburg, and offers luxury accommodation.
We are conveniently situated if you are stopping over for buiness, school activities or holidaying in the Midlands. Close to St Anne`s, Hilton College and Cowan House, 10 minutes from Pietermaritzburg Central and 15 minutes from Oribi Airport.
Enjoy comfort and care while you stay at Bancroft!:
- 1 x family suite with two bedrooms and bathroom en-suite.
- 1 x double suite, en-suite downstairs
- 1 x double suite, en-suite upstairs
Comfortable and well appointed suites with DSTV, Wireless Internet, hospitality fridge, fans & heater and tea and coffee facilities.
Dinner by arrangement.
Services & facilities
We offer extremely comfortable accommodation and very hearty breakfast and make every effort to oblige with particular needs.
We are a non smoking establishment and unfortunately cannot accommodate pets.
Dinner can be provided but we are also very close to a number of very good restaurants and pubs. Baby-sitting can also be arranged.
- Bancroft is on the doorstep of World`s View a mountain bike, off road motorbike and cycling hotspot.
- The Midlands offer some of the best crafters in the country dotted all over the Midlands Meander...cheese makers iron mongers, leather workers, stained glass makers as well as embroiderers, rug makers kite makers and the list goes on and on for a trip of exciting enjoyment.
- The magnificent Drakensberg mountains are an hour and a half away
- It will take an hour to dip your toes in the Indian Ocean from here.
Sea or mountain, country or town we have it all here!
1) The Family Suite accommodates up to 4 persons. It has 2 bedrooms, The Master bedroom has a king-size bed, the 2nd bedroom has 2 single beds.Including electric blankets, DSTV, a hairdryer, fans and heaters, tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and microwave. A fully kitted camp cot can be booked at an additional cost. Both bedrooms share an en-suite bathroom which has a bath with handshower, basin and toilet. This spacious suite looks out onto the gardens at the front and the back of the house.
2) The Double Suite has one bedroom, accommodating 2 persons, with either 2 single beds or a king-size bed - whichever is preferred.The pretty en-suite bathroom has a lovely large shower, toilet and basin.Offering electric blankets, DSTV, a hairdryer, ceiling fan and heater, tea and coffee facilities, and fridge. A fully kitted camp cot can be booked at an additional cost. Facing the morning sunrise this suite has a pretty outlook onto the gardens.
3) The Upstairs Double Suite has one bedroom, accommodating 2 persons, has a queen-size bed and an en-suite bathroom with a large bath, toilet and basin and a separate shower. Fully carpeted it offers aircon, DSTV, a hairdryer, heater, tea and coffee facilities, and a fridge. We also have a fully kitted camp cot which can be booked at an additional cost.
All suite offer complimentary Hi-Speed WIFI.
We serve a hearty English or Health Breakfast and endeavour to cater for special needs and preferences. Vegetarian and Vegan meals are no problem. Dinner available on request.
Bancroft B&B Map:
The Hilton Bed and Breakfast is nestled in the heart of Hilton in a very quiet suburb. It is situated 1 km from the town centre, is at the beginning of the Midlands Meander Craft Route, 15 minutes from Howick Falls.
per person sharing
Perhaps the best way to experience the unique amenities at the Victoria Country Club is to spend a night or two in one of our three ensuite air conditioned, tastefully decorated guest rooms with spectacular views.
per person sharing
Whether you are a business executive, an active sports person, are attending a wedding or function, visiting children staying at a private boarding school, King's Hill Bed and Breakfast you will find a comfortable place to relax, rest and unwind.
We are a Bed and Breakfast situated in Hilton, 10 km from the centre of Pietermaritzburg.
close to schools and Hilton life Hospital
per person sharing
Set against the tranquil forests of the Fercliff Nature Reserve, overlooking Pietermaritzburg.