The warmest hospitality awaits you at Aan-den-Weg B&B
, a working wine and rose farm in the Stellenbosch District. From your private bed and breakfast accommodation, wake to the sounds of bird singing in the spacious, stunnig garden.
Surrounded by rose plantations, vineyards and breathtaking views (including Stellenbosch mountains) this is a paradise for nature lovers. It is also the ideal base for families and wine enthusiasts to explore the Cape Peninsula and Cape Winelands.
It is situated in the heart of the Stellenbosch Wine Route in the quiet Stellenbosch Kloof Valley and is only 20 minutes from Cape Town Interantional Airport - a perfect place to start or end your vacation.
Husband Nicky is the 4th generation Joubert farming this farm and their house was built by his grandfather in 1930. `Aan-den-Weg` means `At the Road` (historic wagon road to Cape Town). Nicky enjoys tasting their own wine, Usana, with the guests.
The guesthouse is personally managed by Petra. With her passion for people and attention to detail, she goes out of her way to make guests feel most welcome and comfortable. Petra enjoys sharing their beautiful home and surroundings with people from all over the world.
Accommodation at Aan-den-Weg B&B:
Room 1 is a spacious elegant honeymoon (double) room and has beautiful views, queen bed, and en-suite bathroom with shower (no bath). The room is cool in summer and has underfloor heating for the colder months.
The two bedroomed family unit has one bedroom with a double bed (Room 3) and Room 2 has twin beds. En-suite full bathroom (with bath and shower). Both rooms have beautiful views and are cool rooms in summer. The double room has Colour TV with PVR satellite.
The rooms have private entrances, bar fridge, tea/coffee facilities, barbecue/braai facilities. All rooms are non-smoking rooms. Linen, bath towels and swimming towels provided. Fresh flowers/roses in all rooms. Hair dryer available on request. Maximum 6 adults can be comfortably accommodated.
Hearty full farm (English/Continental) breakfasts in buffet style get served on the patio, outside the rooms. Barbecue/braai facilities, with crockery/cutlery.
Top class restaurants in the winelands and town for lunch/dinner, some only 3 minutes away.
- Off-street parking.
- Daily cleaning services.
- Large swimming pool and kiddies pool with stunning view.
- Washing and ironing by arrangement.
- Children welcome. Plenty of space for children to run around. Slide, swing, trampoline and kiddies pool.
- Wake up with the birds and let them sing you back to sleep again.
- Go for a run/walk/cycle in this quiet valley.
- Let your hostess spoil you with the hearty full farm breakfast served in buffet style.
- Stroll between 85,000 rose shrubs and 64 ha vineyards.
- Swim in the large swimming pool on site.
- Let your children play - a slide, swing, sandpit, trampoline, kiddies pool and ducks and chickens to feed.
- Taste our wine,or taste wine at over 100 wineries, some in walking distance, ie. Uiterwyk, Bonfoi, Jordan winery.
- Eat at top class restaurants, some only 3 minutes away.
- Visit the historical town of Stellenbosch. (8 minutes away)
- Nearby wedding venues: Spier, Neethlingshof, Vredenheim, Skilpadvlei. (3 minutes)
- Visit Spier with restaurants, cheetahs and other tourist attractions.(3 minutes)
- Visit Hermanus (whale watching) with a picnic basket prepared by your host. (90 minutes)
- Visit Franschhoek town, taste their wine, and take a drive through their beautiuful pass (35 minutes).
- Go to the beach at Strand, Gordon`s Bay (20 minutes).
- Visit Cape Town (Waterfront, Table Mountain, Cape Point)(40 minutes)
- Play golf at any of the 6 scenic golf courses within 20 km radius.
- Aan-den-Weg is nearby the Wine Route hiking trail.
- Visit a strawberry farm.
- Drive to nearby museums, historical buildings and shopping malls.(7-15 minutes).